Date: Wednesday 20 May 2020 at 9:00 AM to Sunday 24 May 2020 at 5:00 PM
Location: See event description
135 + miles in the footsteps of WW2 heroes who undertook a legendary training march from Ilfracombe to Bulford over 5 days as part of their training ahead of D-Day
5 MARATHONS IN 5 DAYS!
The Forces March has rapidly become a benchmark endurance event in the UK.
The event attracts many military teams and runners of all abilities as well as people who want to challenge themselves and be a part of something special.
Many participants find the march a very daunting challenge and most wish they had trained more for hills. However, EVERY participant looks back at the march with great fondness and memories of an incredible adventure. We are very proud of the fact that participants return year after year having enjoyed the event so much.
The route of The Forces March is very challenging!
The hills begin within 1/2 a mile of the start and are a constant feature of the route so extensive hill training (up and down!) is a must.
The scenery is among the most stunning in the UK as the route takes in the delights of the North Devon coast, Exmoor, rural Somerset and the Quantock Hills, Somerset Levels and Salisbury Plain.
We also pass through many wonderful villages and towns along the way.
Each day is more than marathon distance in length.
To complete The Forces March takes dedicated training and a high level of determination however, it is NOT A RACE and there are no prizes for coming first. The unique atmosphere and incredible scenery of The Forces March is what brings people back year after year.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ENTRY?
- ENTRY INTO ALL FIVE DAYS OF THE FORCES MARCH 2018
- ACCOMMODATION AT THE OVERNIGHT CAMPSITES (EXFORD/CROWCOMBE/SOMERTON/MAIDEN BRADLEY/BULFORD)
- HOT BREAKFAST ON DAYS 2, 3, 4 AND 5 - ALL PREAPRED AND SERVED ON SITE
- EVENING MEAL ON DAYS 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 - ALL PREPARED AND SERVED ON SITE
- STOCKED AND MANNED WATER POINTS APPROX EVERY 7 MILES ALONG THE ROUTE
- REFRESHMENTS TENT ON SITE STOCKED WITH HOT AND COLD DRINKS, ENERGY SUPPLEMENTS AND SNACKS
- PROFESSIONAL SPORTS PHYSIO TEAM ON SITE THROUGHOUT THE EVENT
- PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL CREWS ON SITE AND ON ROUTE THROUGHOUT THE EVENT
- PROFESSIONAL ESCORT/SAFETY VEHICLES
- BAGGAGE/KIT TRANSPORT FOR INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANTS
- DAILY SAFETY BRIEFING AND ROUTE GUIDANCE
- OVER 135 MILES OF DIRECTIONAL AND SAFETY SIGNAGE
- BESPOKE MEDAL FOR ALL ENTRANTS
- TROPHIES FOR VARIOUS CATEGORY WINNERS
- TRAINING TIPS
- EXTENSIVE FUNDRAISING SUPPORT
- AND A LIFETIME OF AMAZING MEMORIES!
The Forces March is the key fundraising event for The Veterans Charity and all funds raised on the march go to VC to help provide vital support to hundreds of Veterans who face hardship and distress. Since 2010, the participants of The Forces March have raised more than £500,000 for The Veterans Charity!
Everyone taking part in The Forces March is required to fundraise for The Veterans Charity.
The minimum targets for participants are:
- Veterans, Civilians and Corporate Teams - £500 per person
- Serving military personnel (Regulars and Reserves) - £250 per person
- Cadet units - £500 per detachment
- Single day entrants - £100 per day entered
We strongly recommend using the JustGiving fundraising platform to help you to manage your fundraising and to attract more donors. Creating your own, bespoke fundraising page is quick and easy and you can even add photos, videos and regular updates as well as teel donors your story about why you are taking part in The Forces March and why supporting our Veterans is important to you.
For more information & to take part, click here