Date: Thursday 28 November 2013 from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: , PO2
Location: Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, Southampton Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 4SH.
This event has been structured to suit the Armed Forces community and their families. You might have left the forces years ago, or just be thinking about it now, or maybe you are already in the resettlement process. Whatever your situation, we’re hoping you’ll find this event useful and productive for your future career. Meet employers, find jobs, access self-employment opportunities, enrol in training schemes and get in touch with a whole raft of support services specialising in the transition from Military to Civilian life.
Register Now to Attend
To download the Event poster, click here...
To download the Event Guide, click here...
To download the "Joining Instructions" click here...
Who benefits from a BFRS Career Event?
- Service Leavers
- Reserve Forces
- Partners & Families
- Civilians working for the MOD
Is it for me?
- Are you in your final 2 years of service and looking for your next career?
- Are you looking for a work placement as part of your resettlement?
- Are you looking to change jobs?
- Do you need CV advice?
- Looking to re-train or gain qualifications?
If you answered yes to any of these then make sure you visit the BFRS Career Event and find out what the employers attending have to offer you.
It's an event not to be missed!
Employer websites can give you the facts but our events provide you with the opportunity to meet face-to-face, ask questions and get a feel for the company. You may be impressed by an organisation that you've never heard of before.
Business smart/ informal or uniform, remember you are seeking to create a favourable first impression with a potential employer. Remember to bring your CV and business cards (if you have them).
How to Prepare for the Event
- Create an up-to-date version of your CV and print off multiple copies for the event. You can use these to demonstrate your abilities to a prospective employer plus there will be a CV writing workshop which will use your current CV as a reference point.
- Make sure you take a notebook, a pen and business cards (if you have them). The purpose of this event is learning and networking so being able to jot down information and contact details is essential.
- Approach the event with an open mind. You will be faced with many career opportunities and pathways, some of which you may never have considered before.
- Keep your skills and best attributes at the forefront of your mind. This will enable you to sell yourself when discussing an opportunity with an employer.
Confirmed exhibitors to date: