Date: Tuesday January 7, 2020 at 12:59pm
A fruity twist to the classic Passionfruit Millionaires Shortbread. Made
by Lauren Welsh and inspired by a recipe from a "Good Food" magazine.
Makes 16 squares
150g plain flour
100g dedicated coconut
170g cubed butter
75g golden caster sugar
397g can of condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 passionfruit (pulp only)
300g dark or milk chocolate
Handful of toasted coconut shavings
Preheat oven to 170c
- Grease a brownie tin roughly sized 23cm x 23xm
- Make shortbread by rubbing together butter with flour,
coconut and sugar. Work until the mix forms a dough.
- Pat into the tin evenly, pricking all over with a fork.
Bake for about 15 minutes until it is light golden and
- Put the butter, condensed milk, sugar, syrup and a small
pinch of salt into a pan to make the caramel.
- Gently heat until it simmers and then whisk to a thick and
fudgy consistency. (About 5 minutes, maybe more if needed).
- Take the caramel off the heat and then stir in the
- Pour over the shortbread, smooth out and leave to set.
- Melt the chocolate until smooth and glossy and pour over
the caramel shortbread.
- Sprinkle over coconut shavings and leave to set,
before portioning up.