Date: Tuesday February 26, 2019 at 12:58pm
January can be a tricky time, tight budgets after all the parties and
mayhem throughout the New Year. Don’t forget you can make anything a meal by
adding in herbs and spices, just like the ‘All in Curry’s’ you would have on exercise.
Take a look at Lee Mahoney’s recipe below…
Prep: 10 min > Cook: 1hr > Ready in: 1hr 10 min
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliceD
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 300g cooked turkey, cut into pieces
- 800ml chicken stock
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g mashed potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 100g frozen garden peas
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high
heat for 2 minutes. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in
the curry powder, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon, and cook for 1 minute.
Add the turkey and stir well to coat with the spices.
- Pour chicken stock and tinned tomatoes into
the pan. Add mashed potatoes and stir to combine and break up the mashed
potatoes. Continue to cook on medium-high for 20 minutes, stirring
- Add sweet potato, peas and carrots to the pan.
Bring just to the boil. Stir in salt, sugar and cayenne. Turn heat down to
medium low and simmer until carrots and sweet potatoes are cooked but
still firm, approximately 30 minutes.